Slow Progress…

Author: Sara Mueller

Today I Fray-Checked the front drape of the overskirt (already had it cut), and transferred the pattern from the muslin. I made sure I had it right by marking the basted seams, picking out the seams and laying it onto the paper pattern before marking the basted seams and new cut lines. After a bit of debate, I’ve worked it out so that the finished back peplum of the bodice will be the same size as the muslin peplum. I loved how it lay on the underskirt, and have wildly extravagant plans for the point you can see in the photo in the previous post. After that I cut the denim interface, which is finished. I didn’t go further, because laming myself on this project won’t help me finish this on time, nor will it help my type the first part of the sequel to ‘Bone Orchard’. More on that another time. Tomorrow I hope to finish the cutting of the bodice, which would leave me the rest of the week to sew it, have M.K. back to check the marks, and then to finish it and cut the rest of the overskirt this coming weekend. Grand plans! Stay tuned to see if I can pull of a miraculous time-bender!

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags:

2 Responses to “Slow Progress…”

  1. Tami Says:

    Been a while since I’ve commented, but you’re still in my feed reader and I thought I’d pop in and say I am LOVING your dress posts. FASCINATING and so so awesome.

  2. Sara Mueller Says:

    I’m glad you’re enjoying them. It’s by far the most complex sewing I’ve ever attempted!

Leave a Reply